Events at The Piper
Come out and join us for informative speakers, entertaining performers and special events here at The Piper.
Medicare 101: Multiple Dates
As we enter into the Medicare Annual Enrollment Period season and for those nearing their 65th birthday, people have many questions about how Medicare and related insurance products work, who qualifies for what and what option is best for them. We will be hosting some educational seminars at The Piper to learn more about the Medicare landscape. You are welcome to attend the one that fits best with your schedule. All of the seminars will be held in The Piper Community Room. We welcome all members of the community to this educational talk.
- Thursday, August 29, 10:00 AM
- Tuesday, September 3, 6:00 PM
- Sunday, September 8, 2:00 PM
Backyard BBQ at The Piper, Saturday, September 14 from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM
Join us at The Piper for a grill out behind our building! We’ll be serving hot dogs, hamburgers, chips and other snacks. All residents and family members are invited to our fun event. Visitors can park in front of The Piper or on the street. RSVPs are appreciated but not required. This event is for The Piper residents and families only and is not open to the public.
Oktoberfest at The Piper, Tuesday, October 8, 3-6 PM
Since our Pop-Up at The Piper Farmer’s Market was such a big success, we’re doing it again bigger and better! And this time, we’re all about fall and Oktoberfest! We will have pumpkins, gourds, apple cider, beer, food trucks with pretzels and brats, live music and other vendors. More details to follow… We welcome all members of the community to this fun and exciting event!
Connect the Dotte, Second Tuesday of the Month at 8:30 AM
Every second Tuesday of the month, we host Connect the Dotte in our community room. This networking event allows business owners, employees, leaders and other professionals in Wyandotte to connect and discuss the best ways to support each other.
Coffee & Conversation, First Thursday of the Month at 9:30 AM
Every first Thursday of the month, unless specified, we will host breakfast for all members of the community and have a brief informative program on a variety of topics.
- Kick Neuropathy to the Curb, Thursday, September 5: Peripheral neuropathy is a result of damage to the nerves outside of the brain and spinal cord. It often causes weakness, numbness and pain, usually in your hands and feet. Dr. Blaine Kingsbury will talk about cutting-edge technology to treat neuropathic pain.
- Keep an Ear Out, Thursday, October 3: Hearing loss is the nation’s number one physical impairment, but a wide variety of treatments can help make things clear. Providence Medical Center audiologist Dr. Mary Dutton will talk about the effects of untreated hearing loss and why it’s important to take care of it sooner than later.
- Bills, Bills, Bills, Thursday, November 7: Have you ever received a doctor’s bill or insurance claim that was hard to understand? Rick Lane with Healthcare Advisor helps people navigate the complex maze of healthcare. He’ll offer some tips to decipher those tough bills and avoid paying charges you shouldn’t be.
- The Most Stressful Time of the Year, Thursday, December 5: ‘Tis the season to be jolly! So why do people feel more frantic than festive this time of year? Our expert will talk about why people get the holiday blues and offer some natural methods and tips to reduce holiday stress.